Based on Experience
TGE Gas Engineering GmbH (TGE) is one of the world’s leading engineering contractors for projects involving the storage and handling of liquefied gases in the energy and petrochemical/chemical industries. TGE has 40 years of experience in this field, providing full range of services from concept/feasibility studies through to lump-sum turn-key project execution. All of which as the main partner of our customers.
As part of the CIMC Group, TGE provides the best solutions for its customers worldwide.
In support of our international team in our office in Bonn we are looking for a, with immediate effect:
Head of Department Plant Design (m/f/d)
In this role you will be responsible for
- Development, guidance and coaching of the staff in terms of soft and hard skills
- Development and implementation of training plans (internal and external) as well as key involvement of staff in projects for training purposes
- Recruitment and selection of new employees as well as coaching and supporting the induction of new employees
- Staffing of proposals and projects and manpower planning of department
- Create and follow up department management plans and targets
- Budget and control of department costs aiming for cost optimisation
- Continuous improvement of execution and work processes, interfaces and design standards
- Definition and improvement of interfaces to other disciplines
- Selection, implementation and development of the tools required to perform the project work
- Development of document templates and Engineering Guidelines
- Supervise of manhour and cost estimations for projects
- Supervise manhour expenditure in projects
Why you are the right one
- Engineer with Master/Diploma or doctorial (Dr.-lng) degree in one major project related engineering discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience within chemical/petrochemical plants preferably in the gas industry
- Experience in Plant Design, 2D and 3D modelling tools an interfaces with other tools (i.e. Caesar II, Tekla, etc.)
- Experience in Modularization and Standardization of Plants through 3D modelling tools
- Experience in Project Execution for EPC projects in a major role and experience in engineering and construction
- Awareness of interfaces from all engineering disciplines to the 3D model
- Knowledge of national and international codes and standards
- Broad knowledge of equipment part of TGE s portfolio
- Excellent managerial, leadership and people management skills
- Strategic mindset and thinking
- Good command of English and good command of German is appreciated
- Absolute readiness for worldwide business trips
We are one of the worlds' leading engineering companies. Planning, procurement, and construction of facilities for the storage, processing and transport of liquefied gases is our business. As part of the CIMC Group we benefit from the financial strength of an internationally leading group. Huge projects make it possible to build up new international teams. Let's contribute to our success together!
If you are interested in working in a growing business and recognize yourself in this role, then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail under the reference "Head of Department Plant Design (m/f/d)" until 6th of May 2021.